Sound Siphon 2 is a FREE UPGRADE for those that have already purchased Sound Siphon 1.x.
- Audio input devices including microphones are now available as input sources.
- Can now record audio directly in the Sound Siphon app.
- Added application volume control and system wide EQ.
- Added ability so select the sample rate (44.1kHz – 96kHz) in Sound Siphon’s preferences.
- Can now mute Sound Siphon’s output and still control volume via the keyboard.
- Now switches to Built-in audio when an external device is unplugged and switches back if device is plugged back in.
- Volume for devices that don’t have their own volume controls (i.e. HDMI, AudioEngine D1) is now saved.
- Changing the play through device in preferences works more reliably.
- Unregistered effect has been changed to a bandpass that is turned on and off periodically.
- Now works on Yosemite.
- Added simple on/off switch to main UI.
- Fixed a bug that would result in hearing now audio on a clean install.
- Uninstaller is now included on the installation disk image.
- Custom input devices no longer have output channels.
There are a few settings that you should check first.
- In System Preferences -> Sound, make sure that System Sound Siphon is selected as your default output.
- Click on the “Preview Volumes” button.
- Listen to and adjust the volumes of the applications captured.
- When you are done adjusting the volumes click “Save Volumes”.
While you are editing the volumes the audio you hear is the post-mix audio. The volume sliders are enabled and a level meter is shown. If “Mixed Stereo” is enabled you will only see one post-mix level meter.