- The Talking Head can now be enabled during recording.
- Selection size -> Custom.. popover is now functional.
- Talking Head border color picker now appears and functions correctly.
- OK button in new preset popover is now disabled until a name is entered.
- Fixed a crash that could happen at the end of a recording.
- Fixed time lapse options.
First, follow the instructions in the dialog: Delete Iris and download it from the Mac App Store again.
If this problem persists then try running the following command in terminal:
xattr -rc /Applications/Iris.app
If the problem still persists please contact us for additional help.
Iris is free to use as much as you like. An in-app purchase is required to remove the “Recorded with Iris” watermark and the outro from new recordings.
Window selections and freeform selections are both easy to make.
- Make a new recording.
- Press the spacebar.
- Click to make a window selection – or –
- Click and drag to make a freeform selection.
Beta 13 was sent out to testers today. With some luck it will be the last beta build and we can send out a GM build soon and shortly after that submit it to the Mac App Store.
It’s been a long road. As usual, the the last 10% takes 90% of the effort. Hopefully we’re 99.9% complete and only the final touches remain.
We set out to create a new high performance screen recorder with a UI that makes sense. I think we’ve accomplished that. Here are some highlights of what sets Iris apart.
– Simple UI.
– Records directly to h.264.
– Can record your Mac’s audio, even targeting specific applications.
– The best color management available.
– Time lapse recording.
– Timers for starting/stopping a recording.
– Presets for saving/loading commonly used settings.
– Powerful auto-naming and Finder tagging.
Early on we made the decision that Iris should be useful even without purchasing it. Our goal was to design a product that you’ll purchase because you want to, not because you have to. With that in mind we designed a tasteful watermark that is placed on recordings and a nice outro.
We plan on offering Iris exclusively through the Mac App Store. Iris will be free to try. An in app purchase will remove the watermark and outro from new recordings.