Sound Control 2.5.0 is a FREE upgrade for all owners of Sound Control.
- Devices menu now shows the Master Volume.
- Input devices now properly show and update the muted state.
- Toggle mute for default input device now shows the HUD to indicate status change.
- Add hotkeys for controlling the default input device’s gain and mute.
- Input devices now show gain dB value properly.
- Changing the gain of an input device no longer beeps.
- Added Priority devices for Input devices.
- Added HotKeys for changing the default input device.
- Volume feedback beeps now play on the appropriate device.
- Sound Control no longer interferes with macOS automatic device selection if priority devices are not enabled.
- Reduced CPU use.
- Added option to show and control apps that have been explicitly added to the listing.
- Fixed audio distortion after switching sample rates on bluetooth devices.
- Addressed application hang when switching to a bluetooth device or a built-in device on T2 Macs.
- Master volume displayed in the touch bar now updates properly when the default output device is changed.
- Added support for AirPlay!
- Added AppleScript support for setting mute, volume and balance.
- Added support for Zoom Thunderbolt audio devices.
- Sound Control volume change overlay more closely matches the system.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when muting AirPods Pro.
- Menu bar icon no longer shows disabled if STZ Audio Process plugin isn’t installed.
- Last version to support macOS 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra. The next update to Sound Control will require macOS 10.14 (Mojave).