Beta 13 was sent out to testers today. With some luck it will be the last beta build and we can send out a GM build soon and shortly after that submit it to the Mac App Store.
It’s been a long road. As usual, the the last 10% takes 90% of the effort. Hopefully we’re 99.9% complete and only the final touches remain.
We set out to create a new high performance screen recorder with a UI that makes sense. I think we’ve accomplished that. Here are some highlights of what sets Iris apart.
– Simple UI.
– Records directly to h.264.
– Can record your Mac’s audio, even targeting specific applications.
– The best color management available.
– Time lapse recording.
– Timers for starting/stopping a recording.
– Presets for saving/loading commonly used settings.
– Powerful auto-naming and Finder tagging.
Early on we made the decision that Iris should be useful even without purchasing it. Our goal was to design a product that you’ll purchase because you want to, not because you have to. With that in mind we designed a tasteful watermark that is placed on recordings and a nice outro.
We plan on offering Iris exclusively through the Mac App Store. Iris will be free to try. An in app purchase will remove the watermark and outro from new recordings.